Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Recycle: Toilet Paper Rolls into Beautiful Wall Ar


This is a great project if, like me you love to have whimsical wall art covering every surface of your home, but ur on a budget and spending 60 dollars at a retail store just isn't in the cards for you..
This Project can be assembled with just a few cheep items
Here's what you'll need:
* Loads of toilet paper, and paper towel rolls. I always raid my friends recycling !
* Hot Glue Gun ( I prefer the High Heat Ones) and Glue sticks.
*  Scissors
First you will want to cut up all the  paper rolls into approximately 1" pieces..
Note:  they don't have to be exact.. it adds character with various sizes .. but I wouldn't go to far out of the box.
Next you will begin to arrange them in whatever design fits you and your space best.
I tried several things before I found something that I was satisfied with ...
Now, Once you have found an arrangement that works for you, you can begin gluing.
I found that it was easier to glue the flower pieces together first and then work my way out from them.
After you have glued all the pieces together... give it just a few minuts to dry and
Voila!
You simply hang and enjoy...
I did a little mini one separate one and hung it off to the side to add intrest.
Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment